A Universe of Stories!!
Baby Time, Ages 2 & Under
Thursdays beginning at 10:30 am
July 11th, 18th, & 25th
No Babytime July 4th
10:30 am - Walking Ones (Ages 12-24 mos)
11:30 am - Infants (Birth-12 mos)
Come Read to a Dog
Saturdays, July 13th & 27th at 10:00 am
Call 770-631-2520 to register
Monday at 2:00 pm
July 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th
No Movie July 4th
Wednesdays at 10:00 am
July 10th & 17th
Thursday, July 25th at 4:00 pm
Summer Reading Program
All programs are FREE, but require ONE TICKET PER PERSON for each event. Tickets are available online beginning at 9 am on the Friday prior to the Tuesday performances and Saturday tickets will be available on the prior Saturday. There is a limited number of tickets available for each performance. In order to accommodate as many children as possible, there is also a limit of one adult ticket per family for each performance. To reserve your tickets visit https://peachtreecitylibrary.eventbrite.com. The library tries to schedule a variety of programs that appeal to various ages, however parents are the best judges of appropriateness and appeal to their children. No strollers or baby carriers will be allowed at the programs.
Monday Movie: Wall-E
Monday, July 15th at 2:00 pm
Movie Description: WALL-E, short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-class, is the last robot left on Earth. He spends his days tidying up the planet, one piece of garbage at a time. But during 700 years, WALL-E has developed a personality, and he's more than a little lonely. Then he spots EVE, a sleek and shapely probe sent back to Earth on a scanning mission. Smitten WALL-E embarks on his greatest adventure yet when he follows EVE across the galaxy.~from imdb.com
This movie is geared toward children of all ages with Parental Guidance suggested. No Registration Required.
Duration: 98 minutes
Terrific Tuesdays: Ken Scott's To the Moon and Back (Magic Show)
Tuesday, July 16th at 10:00 am & 11:15 am
Come out and enjoy "To The Moon and Back" a special magic show with Ken Scott on Tuesday, July 16th. Ken Scott has been entertaining audiences for over 20 years experience. Ken is a three time winner of the Greater Atlanta Magician of the year award. In addition, Ken was also featured on CNN Headline News, where he headlined their segment on A Day of Magic. Ken has also performed five times at the White House. Tickets are required, but two showtimes are available.
This program will be held in the Story Time Area of the Children's Department. To reserve your tickets please visit http://peachtreecitylibrary.eventbrite.com
Wednesday, July 17th at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Join the Peachtree City Library as we create and decorate Paperbag Alien Puppets. All materials will be provided, but supplies are limited.
No registration required.
Pokemon Card Tournament (Ages 6+)
Thursday, July 18th 4:00-6:30 pm
Parents are welcome to come, but not required
Children must bring the following to participate:
- Players attending the Pokémon card tournament will need a 60 card deck AND dice of some sort.
- All trading cards MUST be printed from 2010 onward; any card printed in 2009 or prior will not be allowed in the tournament (with the exception of energy cards.) If a player has an older card in their deck during registration (1995-2009, look at the bottom of each card to see the print date), it will be replaced with a basic energy card or basic Pokémon card by the tournament organizer.
- If the player cannot re-build their deck to meet standards before the tournament begins at 4:30 PM, they may sit out round 1 and join in for round 2 at 5:00 PM once they are ready.
- Please arrive at 4:00 PM for a DECK CHECK and registration by the tournament organizer.
- Each tournament has 3 rounds and each round lasts 30 minutes. The tournament will start at 4:30 PM end around 6:30 - 7:00 PM.
The Amazing Race in Space (Ages 12-16)
Saturday, July 20th at 2:00~4:00 pm
Based on the reality TV game show, The Amazing Race, this team scavenger hunt challenge will incorporate STEM activities, crafts, and accessible physical challenges to race across the "galaxy." All materials will be provided.
This program will be held in the Story Time Area of the Children's Department. To reserve your tickets please visit https://peachtreecitylibrary.eventbrite.com.