November 2, 2021 Municipal Election
When is the municipal election?
In Georgia, the general election is held the Tuesday after the first Monday of November. In 2021, the election will be held on November 2. The runoff election, if needed, will be on November 30.
(Candidates must receive 50% plus one vote to win the seat).
What offices will be elected?
Mayor (Vanessa Fleisch), City Council Post 3 (Kevin Madden) and Post 4 (Terry Ernst)
How long is the term?
When can I announce my candidacy for office?
A candidate may announce at any time but must register with the City Clerk’s office before accepting any campaign contributions. Regular reports on campaign funds and expenditures will also be required.
Qualifying begins at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, August 16, and ends at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 20, at City Hall. The last day to file and publish notice as a write-in candidate is August 27th.
What forms are due in addition to the qualifying affidavits?
All forms are filed at the City Clerk’s office:
- DOI - Declaration of Intent to Accept Campaign Contributions (must be filed before accepting any contributions)
- RC – Registration of a Campaign Committee (if you will have a committee working for your campaign)
- NOC - Notice of Candidacy and Affidavit – This is the Qualifying Form due August 16- 20th.
- CCDR– Campaign Contribution Disclosure Report
- Affidavit of $2,500 or less in total contributions eliminates filing requirement
- If contributions/expenditures exceed $2,500 but are less than $5,000, Candidate shall be required to file the 06/30 and 12/31 reports
- If no affidavit has been filed, the Candidate shall file per the following schedule: 01/31, 04/30, 06/30, 09/30, 10/25 and 12/31
- PFDR – Personal Financial Disclosure Report – due 15 days after the candidate’s qualifying date.
Contact the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission (www.ethics.ga.gov) for more information on filing requirements and forms.
What is the qualifying fee?
The qualifying fee for a Council Post is $432. The qualifying fee for Mayor is $648. This is 3% of the annual 2020 salary for these seats and is the minimum amount required by State law.
What other qualifications do I have to meet?
A candidate must be at least 21 years old, registered and eligible to vote in the election, and must be a Peachtree City resident for at least six months prior to the election.
If elected, what salary would I receive?
City Council members receive $14,400 per year in monthly installments, and the Mayor receives $21,600 per year in monthly installments.
What is the voter registration deadline for the election?
Tuesday, October 4, 2021
What time do the polls open/close on Election Day?
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on each Election Day. However, any voter who is in line waiting to vote at 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote. Early voting and advance voting will also be held by the Fayette County Board of Elections in accordance with state law.
Can I wear a campaign button into the polling place?
No person may campaign; distribute literature of written or printed matter of any kind; wear campaign buttons, signs, pins, stickers, T-shirts, etc.; circulate petitions, or perform similar activities within 150 feet of the building in which a polling place is located.
Where can I obtain additional information?
Georgia Secretary of State
www.sos.state.ga.us or 404-656-2871
Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission
www.ethics.ga.gov or 404-463-1980
Fayette County Elections Office
www.fayettecountyga.gov/elections or 770-305-5408
City Clerk’s Office - Peachtree City City Hall
151 Willowbend Road, Peachtree City
Yasmin Julio, City Clerk
Stacey Collins, Administrative Coordinator