- Building Department
- Building Permits
Building Permits are issued for new buildings, additions, interior alterations, siding, re-roof, demolitions, tenant build-outs. and parking lot lighting. Replacement windows and doors that do not include structural alterations do not require a building permit.
Work must not begin until after the permit has been approved, paid, and picked up. Any work that is performed prior to this will result in a Stop Work Order and double fees.
Review times for other building permits are usually 3-5 business days for residential permits and 10-14 business days for commercial permits.
- Construction plans (sometimes called Architectural Building Plans). Review the FAQ Brochures listed on the right-side menu to specific requirements for your project type.
- Site plan drawn on a plat or survey. Make sure to label distances from property lines, easements and existing structures.
- Erosion Control plans: properties within 200 feet of State Waters or that disturb more than 1-acre of land are required to include an erosion control plan.
- Approval letters from the Fayette Water Authority and the Peachtree City Water and Sewer Authority (WASA) for all new homes, commercial buildings, and commercial building alterations.
- Construction approval form from the Fayette Health Department for all work on lots with septic systems.
Additional requirements differ based on the project type and property location. For specific information, please contact the Building Department listed in the right menu bar.
Choose the red button below to apply for a permit. Home owners do not need to create an account, but Contractors must. For information on how to navigate the permit portal click here.