- City Hall
- Massage Establishments Regulatory Fee Certificates
Massage Establishments Regulatory Fee Certificates
Every Massage Establishment and/or Massage Therapist operating within the city limits of Peachtree City is required to hold a regulatory fee certificate. Exemptions apply to the following;
- Physicians, surgeons, chiropractors, osteopaths, and physical therapists who are duly licensed to practice their respective professions in the state.
- Massage Therapists that are employed by a Chiropractor's Office and work exclusively in that office.
- Nurses who are registered under the laws of the state.
- Barbers, beauticians, nail technicians, and nail estheticians who are duly licensed under the laws of this state, except that this exemption shall apply solely to the massaging of the neck, face, ears, scalp, feet, hands, and hair of the clothed customer or client for cosmetic or beautifying purposes.
(a) A regulatory fee certificate and occupational tax certificate are required for any person, firm, corporation, or other entity operating a massage establishment. Such application must be at least 18 years of age, employ one (which may include him/herself) or more massage therapists meeting the requirements set forth in this ordinance, and if a corporation, is an officer of the corporation which is organized and authorized to do business pursuant to the laws of the State of Georgia. The applicant to operate a massage establishment must be the owner of the premises wherein the business will be conducted or the holder of a lease thereon for the period to be covered by the certificate.
(b) An applicant and each massage therapist employed at a massage establishment must be of good moral character and a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence for at least one year prior to application. Each massage therapist employed at an establishment for the purposes of providing massage therapy shall be licensed to practice massage therapy in the state or the holder of a valid provisional permit issued by the state pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 43-24A-9.
Code enforcement officers, police officers, and/or other designated Peachtree City Staff are authorized to may make inspections during regular business hours of massage establishments for the purposes of determining compliance.
Allowed Hours of Operation- 7:00 am- 9:30 pm