- City Hall
- Alcohol Licenses
Businesses selling alcoholic beverages by the drink, by the package, or wholesale, must obtain an Alcohol License from the City of Peachtree City and from the State of Georgia.
Corkage(BYOB) and Mixed Drinks to go:
On October 6, 2022, the City Council passed an amendment to the alcohol ordinance which now allows the following;
1) Any restaurant which is licensed to sell wine for consumption on the premises may permit a patron to bring into the restaurant one unopened bottle of wine for consumption on the premises. In order for this provision to apply, the restaurant must establish a policy permitting the same and must charge a minimal corkage fee of $10.00 per bottle.
2) Allows food service establishments that are licensed to sell distilled spirits for consumption on the premises to sell mixed drinks to-go in approved containers. Mixed drinks sold for off-premises consumption shall be accompanied by the purchase of a food entrée and in conformance with state and local open container laws. Additional information can be found here;
- State Mixed Drink to Go regulations- https://dor.georgia.gov/retail-sale-mixed-drinks-go-faqs
- Approved Containers(pdf)
- Containers not approved(pdf)
New Licenses and Renewals:
PLEASE NOTE: The Georgia Department of Revenue’s new centralized alcohol application process is designated for retail alcohol initial license registrations and renewals. With this new system, all local and state retail alcohol applications will uniformly be submitted through the Georgia Tax Center (GTC). We highly recommend that you have all of your State and City forms filled out and saved as PDFs before beginning the application process. The State forms can be found here; https://dor.georgia.gov/alcohol-tobacco/alcohol-licenses-permits/alcohol-licensing and the City forms are below. To apply for a new alcohol license, please click here https://gtc.dor.ga.gov. You must contact Yasmin Julio via email or at City Hall, 770-632-4261, to be added to the system for online payments prior to starting your application with DOR.
*Beginning September 1, 2021, online payment options will be available for mixed drink tax filing reports. The report must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th day of the month. An invoice will be sent to the email address listed on the form. Payments must be made by the 20th.
To search and pay your invoice online, click Pay My Mixed Drink Tax Invoice or click Pay My Alcohol Renewal Invoice.
- Instructions on how to register a Retail Alcohol license Account with the Georgia Tax Center.
- Alcohol License Application (PDF)
- Mandatory SAVE & E-Verify Affidavits (PDF)
- Peachtree City Alcohol Ordinance
- Monthly Mixed Drink Tax Filing Report (PDF) *
- Quarterly Sunday Sales Filing Report (PDF)
- Qualifying Location Application Packet (PDF)
- Special Event Permit (PDF)